The Superlite Warm Roof represents a great investment in your home.
Did you know that you can now replace a conservatory roof with a solid roof without having to apply for building regulations?
In October 2010 there were changes made to the building regulations which allows anyone to put a solid roof on a conservatory as long as they meet the following criteria:
- They are built at ground level and the floor area is less than 30 square metres.
- The conservatory and the house are separated by external quality walls, doors or windows.
- There should be an independent heating system of some sort, with separate temperature and on/off controls.
- The glazing and any fixed internal electrical installations comply with the applicable building regulations.
When these changes came in to force, it became legal in the UK for a conservatory to have a solid tiled roof installed without planning permission. The Superlite Solid Roof is fully approved by the Local Authority of Building Control (LABC).
Have you, as a home owner, wanted to spend more time in your conservatory ?
Well now you can! as unlike conventional conservatories with polycarbonate or glass roofing, a Superlite Roof enables you to enjoy your conservatory throughout the entire year. The Superlite Roof will transform your living space and could increase your property’s value.
Because of its fabulous thermal qualities, the insulated roof enables your conservatory / sunroom to stay cosy and warm during the harsh winter months and yet cool and comfortable during hot summer months.
But it’s not just about adding value and comfort.
The Superlite Roofs external is visually more pleasant and far superior to its conventional cousins, as the tiles and cappings are streamlined and unobtrusive and by not relying on bulky portal frames, concrete or brick columns, it’s also very lightweight and extremely strong.
Internally the Superlite System can offer either contemporary or traditional finish. You can choose from a UPVc/Timber effect cladded finish or a traditional plastered finish. You can also add a few nice finishing touches with concealed lighting or FAKRO rooflight window(s). There are lots of options, that can provide the scope you require, to produce your own unique beautiful look for your home.
As the advantages or a Superlite Roof system are so numerous, it’s no wonder so may people are looking to replace their old conservatory roofs with a far more superior one.
It’s evident the solid tiled roof system is more practical, with no need to alter existing structure or fittings (door frames and windows) thus the old roof can be quickly dismantled and the new system smoothly replaced within 3-5 days, with very little disruption.
- Improved Insulation: Because of the excellent thermal efficiency and the U-value of 0.18 you will notice a reduction in energy costs. This efficiency will enable the room to be used all year round keeping it nice and cool in summer and warm and cosy in winter.
- Improved Appearance: the range of styles and finishes available with a Superlite roof offers you real flexibility over the appearance of your conservatory, and an opportunity to hugely enhance the appearance of this extension of your home. Browse our range of impressive Superlite roof styles and finishes.